As a member of the New Business Development team, the successful candidate will call on Corporate Facilities Managers, Architects, Landlords and Corporate Real Estate Brokers throughout the U.S. to discover plans for office relocations and expansions, furniture selection, and drive Jefferson Group brand awareness, as well as be a member of a team, focused on promoting workplace solutions to clients and prospects.
A day in the life of a New Business Development professional
- Network with Real Estate Brokers, Architects, Designers, and others to discover companies planning to relocate or transition their workspace
- Contact prospects to verify projects, gather and confirm project details and develop prospects for hand off to sales and design.
- Gather information and present solutions to prospects to build brand awareness and expertise recognition in the marketplace
- Participate in marketing strategy to be the “voice of the markets” to the company’s marketing team
What will make you successful
- Minimum 5 years’ professional work experience in commercial real estate, corporate furniture or B2B sales.
- Familiarity with Corporate Real Estate, Interior Design, Architecture or Corporate Planning is mandatory
- Success with telemarketing and extremely outgoing phone manner
- Ideally exposure to working with C-Suite or with Fortune 5,000 clients
- Collaborative and team player
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English