Jefferson is looking for a Business Development Salesperson who can establish themselves as a trusted advisor with client entities in the NY, NJ, and CT regions to develop long-lasting relationships with executives and key decision-makers. The ideal candidate will develop, expand, and deepen sales-generating activities within assigned accounts and target new business accounts to achieve financial sales targets.
We need professionals who know how to connect, leverage existing relationships, and build new ones with Commercial Real Estate Brokers, General Contractors, Architects & Designers, Landlords, Project Managers, Facilities Managers, and C-Suites of new end users. We are seeking those who have, or will quickly establish, relationships in the Commercial industries.
Objectives of this Role:
- Build and maintain lasting relationships with Commercial prospects and customers.
- Coordinate internal and external resources to educate clients and promote Jefferson’s solutions.
- Working with clients to prepare proposals and oversee projects mainly in the NY, NJ, and CT areas and occasionally in other parts of USA.
- Working with and developing new and existing clients for Jefferson. Includes presentations, site visits, showroom tours, client meetings, phone calls and Zoom meetings.
- Manage client communication throughout the sales and project installation process.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Support and solve workspace problems for clients by understanding their needs.
- Illustrate the value of Jefferson products and services to create growth opportunities.
- Participate in brainstorming office activities, team meetings, client meetings, and researching product trends with new prospects.
- Perform prospecting activities – cold calling, networking, attend industry events, client entertaining, etc.
- Follow up with clients regularly to ensure satisfaction as well as brand recognition.
- Utilize a Salesforce database to log activity and opportunities.
Skills and Qualifications:
- College degree and 3 years selling experience, or 6 years sales experience without a degree, within commercial interiors, contract furniture systems, commercial real estate, and/or architectural workplace solutions with responsibilities for meeting sales and profitability quotas.
- Experience building a network of business relationships to create sales opportunities.
- Ability to operate with urgency, independence, and efficiency.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with an aptitude to learn industry-standard systems.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time to meet with clients and prospects.
- Knowledge of the competitive landscape and key influencers in the Commercial market
- Advanced selling skills, e.g., prospect qualification; lead generation; new business development; account penetration; strategic, conceptual, issues-based, and consultative selling; negotiation; and contracts (closing).
- Excellent problem-solving, meeting facilitation, verbal, written, listening and presentation skills.
- Base salary as befitting experience + unlimited commission
- 401k retirement program
- Healthcare coverage.